Welcome to my blog for my A2 Media Studies coursework. With Hayley Pitcher, we have planned and created a 5 minute pyschological thriller entitled 'Mind Trap', which focuses on the life of Lucy, a teenager suffering from schizophrenia. As well as this, we have created two anciliary products; an audio advert that would be fit to broadcast on the radio and a poster to advertise our film to our demographic.

Note: all images in posts can be seen in a full-sized version by clicking on them.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

30th March 2011

We have edited the new scene in and fixed any problems that we had, so now we have our final edit done. Below is the final edit:


We both feel that this version is a lot better than the first edit; the extra scene gives it more depth and more variation as where it is set and increases the tension. By using the innocence of children's voices, the whole film has more of a errie feel. Also, we shortened the shot where Lucy is putting on her coat and boots because it was much too long. Furthermore, we made Lucas' voice sound much more menacing by adding an echo to it and fading the voice in and out when he talks so that his voice can be heard clearly.
I posted the link on my Facebook profile (our demographic is teenagers and nearly all teenagers use Facebook) so that my friends could provide us with feedback:













Below are the responces:
-You did that? That's pretty good! I love the mix of black and white and normal, makes it more interesting
-Hmmm, it's ok I guess. I don't get how two girls live in a nice house like that though...aren't they meant to be teenagers? Where are their parents?
-It's awesome!
-4 stars
-The guy in this is scary! I like the creepy voice you give him
-First thing's first: Rosie...you can't act! :P But I thought the film was good
-Loved it! Soooo much better from all the short films which are all boring horror films
-It was alright...I've seen better.
-Thumbs up!
-I agree. I liked it
-Your editing is pretty good (apart from that little bit where you both look at the camera) and I like the plot...it's so different

Most of our feedback was positive, but I feel that the negative feedback was justified. I think our film is not meant for everyone and it is an acquired taste. Also, the fact that we filmed it at my house but neglected show that Lucy's parents are out and that Roxanne has come over to stay for the night seems to be a problem as we didn't make it clear in the film. This is one of the few things that unfortunately got forgotten. Also, it was not easy for us to get around this, as we were unable to film at Hayley's house and we didn't want to film in anyone else's house as this would put pressure on other people.
Furthmore, both Hayley and I are not good actors, but we didn't want to reply on other people to act in our film because complications could arise and it was easier for us to reply on each other rather than other people.